Creating and setting up a Google Analytics account
Updated on September 21, 2022
(source: Google Analytics, https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1008015)
To start collecting standard data from a website :
1. Log in to your Analytics account or create one: Go to google.com/analytics. Use one of the following methods:
- To create an account, click on Get Started for Free.
- To log in to your account, click on Login to Analytics.
2. Set up a property in your Analytics account. A property represents your website or application.
It is also the data collection point within Analytics.
Add the Google Analytics tag to your site
In order to collect data in your Analytics property, you need to add your tag to your website. You can
use our free Google Analytics module to do this.
Once this module is installed on your online store, simply go to the module configuration page.
You will find a fillable field asking for your Tracking ID at the bottom of the page.
This ID is available in your Google Analytics account, in your property settings. This is what it will look
Copy and paste your ID from Google Analytics and click on the Save button.
Your tag is now installed on your site.Go back to your Prestashop Metrics configuration page, refresh the page if necessary. A banner will inform you that your PrestaShop Metrics service is now successfully set up.
Once your Google Analytics account is connected, all you have to do is wait for the end of
the synchronization of your data to access the module! You will be notified by email.
● It can take up to 24 hours to see your visit data in your Prestashop Metrics dashboard.
● To instantly check the actual installation of your Google Analytics tag, go to your Google
Analytics account and go to the real-time reports section. Visit your site as a normal user
would. You should be able to see this activity live on your Google Analytics account.
Are you experiencing difficulties?
If you encounter any problems or require any further information, please do not hesitate to
contact us. A contact link to our direct support is available from the "Help" tab of the Prestashop
Metrics configuration page.
Was the article helpful?
Be the first to vote!