- Help Center
- Error while associating the shop - "Error while uploading hmac"
Error while associating the shop - "Error while uploading hmac"
Updated on November 3rd, 2022
You try to associate your shop with your PrestaShop account but the association fails and you have an error message with the reason "Error while uploading hmac" which is displayed.
The cause of this error is the following: unable to save file <shop_id>.txt in your shop's "upload" folder.
We invite you to do the following steps to solve the problem.
- Download the FileZilla software (client side) from: https://filezilla-project.org.
- Once downloaded, open FileZilla.
- Enter the host of your FTP server in the dedicated field as well as your username and password, then click on "Quick connect". If you do not have this information, please contact your host.
- Then you will find the files and folders present on your FTP server in the right part.
- Navigate through your files until you find the "upload" folder. Then right-click on this folder and select the "File Attributes..." action.
- Check the numeric value indicated in the framed field below in order to know if you have write permissions for this folder.
- This value must be equal to 755. If not, please enter this value and click "OK".
Finally, think to check the owner of the "upload" folder.
- Return to the parent folder.
- The owner identifier is indicated in the "Owner/Group" column. Check this identifier is the same than the one of the other folders.
- If it is different, contact your host to change it.
Try to associate your shop again. If the error still persists, please contact us with this form.
Note: This manipulation is not available for Edition shops, please contact support if you have any difficulties.