Configure employee profile permissions
Updated on Friday, August 18, 2023
Permissions are a central element of profiles on PrestaShop. They allow you to configure exactly what an employee account can and cannot do on your store.
To access: Advanced settings > Team
To modulate your employees' permissions, go to the "Permissions" tab, accessible from the Advanced Settings page > Team in the back office. Then select the employee profile you wish to modify. On the left of the screen, you'll find as many tabs as profiles available.
Click on any profile (other than SuperAdmin) to access permissions, displayed on the right of the screen and divided into two tables.
Set menu permissions
Menu permissions are on the left. This is where you can decide what the profile can and cannot do on back-office pages: you can prevent a profile from modifying the content of a page, or even hide the page from the profile altogether.
For each of these menu pages, you have 5 options:
- View: to authorize the employee to view information.
- Add: to authorize the employee to add new information.
- Modify: to authorize the employee to modify information.
- Delete: to authorize the employee to delete information.
- All: to authorize the above 4 criteria.
Setting module permissions
Module permissions are shown on the right. Although you can authorize certain profiles to view available modules, you may prefer that only certain employees have access to the configuration of certain modules.
For each of these modules, you have 2 options:
- View: to authorize the employee to view the module configuration.
- Authorize: to authorize the employee to configure the module.