Error while associating the shop - "Error http call to verify hmac"
Updated on November 3, 2022
You try to associate your shop with your PrestaShop account but the association fails and you have an error message with the reason "Error http call to verify hmac" which is displayed.
The cause of this error is the following: unable to read file <shop_id>.txt in your shop's "upload" folder.
We invite you to do the following steps to solve the problem.
- Download the FileZilla software (client side) from: https://filezilla-project.org.
- Once downloaded, open FileZilla.
- Enter the host of your FTP server in the dedicated field as well as your username and password, then click on "Quick connect". If you do not have this information, please contact your host.
- Then you will find the files and folders present on your FTP server in the right part.
- Open the "upload" folder, then right-click on the ".htaccess" file and select the "View / Edit" action.
Note: if the ".htaccess" file is not present in the "upload" folder, check if it is present in the parent folders.
The content of the file should look like this one.
RemoveHandler .php .phtml .php3 .php4 .php5
RemoveType .php .phtml .php3 .php4 .php5
Header set Content-Disposition "Attachment"
Header set X-Content-Type-Options "nosniff"
If this is not the case, we strongly recommend that you use this content to copy/paste it into your ".htaccess" file.
Try to associate your shop again. If the error still persists, please contact us with this form.
Note: This manipulation is not available for Edition shops, please contact support if you have any difficulties.
Was the article helpful?
Be the first to vote!